Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Gluten Free, Gluten Free Everywhere

Hello Everyone,
Long time no post.... Sorry I haven't been posting in a while but I thought to take a break and re group. And while I was re grouping I found tons of new gluten free goodness to share.

For one "Boston Pizza" now has a true gluten free menu, yes you heard right a real menu. So if you are tired of constantly having to look through the allergy book to see if you food is safe or just ordering the pizza because you know it is you now have more options.


So here it is 3 mains, pizza, wings, salad and 2 sides.
Yes wings, however if you choose to get the wings I suggest getting them to bake them twice that way they have a bit of a crust, while if it's done once they aren't that crispy which I don't like. I also opt to have the sauce on the side for optimum crispyness. I also tried the "Worms in dirt" dessert which is pudding and gummi worms, very good.

I then also was in Ottawa for a week and took a trip to "Rainbow Foods", they had quite a few new Gluten Free items for sale so I stocked up and decided to try a bunch of treats.

The first one was 2 chocolate bars by "Kayer", they are called Dark Chocolate Truffle Bars and I got the orange flavour and the Cran Raspberry Flavour. I would have to say they were some of the best chocolate bars I have had, they were very smooth and not as bitter as dark chocolate normally is and the flavour really came through.
Here's a picture:

Then there was a person selling organic tea that I decided to try. It's a company called "Martin and Stewart Teas". I got the Ginger and Cinnamon flavour and the Rooibos Chai. Both are caffeine free which is excellent for me and both tasted great with no sweetner in them or anything else for that matter (I drink my tea's "black"). I do have to say though I like the Rooibos Chai the best it has a great flavour that comes through really well and smells delicious, as for the Ginger and Cinnamon it is also good but the flavour is more subtle and it's a lot spicer then the former, I definitely felt the spice half way through and had to take a break. Both good though if you would like to try them.
Here is a picture of my Ginger and Cinnamon I had earlier in the day:


I also tried "La Maison Canelle" chocolate and raspberry muffins and their mini brownies. 
The muffins were good but I found no raspberries and there was only a slight taste of them in the muffin so I was a little disappointed, maybe I had a dud and the others will have some in them. As for the brownies they were delectable chocolatey goodness in one bite and to my awesome delight they had chocolate chips in them.

And as Dessert today I had "I can't believe it's Gluten Free", a part of the "Sinfully Delicious Treats" franchise, lemon cranberry biscotti. AND "El Peto"'s Lemon tart and Raspberry tart.
The biscotti was wonderful, it had just the right taste to it that I remember from when I was still eating gluten and it dipped perfectly in my hot chocolate. I also tried it with the Rooibos Chai tea and it also went well with that, and I am sure it would go great with coffee I just don't drink it.... As for the tarts I definitely liked the raspberry tart the best, the filling reminded me of jam and it was just a nice sweet, not too over powering but the lemon filling didn't taste right to me, it seemed more like the candies that have a bit of a soapy taste to them. My mom tried the lemon as well and she thought the crust was horrible. I personally didn't mind it, it's not as good as home made crust but what store bought tart is.

I give you the pictures from my dinner, including dessert:
Dinner: steak, beef ribs, broccoli, asparagus and tricoloured potatoes

Dessert the biscotti and hot chocolate

and the 2 tarts.

*All pictures were taking with I phone Camera*

I hope you enjoy and I hope to have some more crafts for you soon.
-Photo Alley



No comments:

Post a Comment