Saturday, December 15, 2012

Limestone Steak House

Hello,
Long time no write.
I have been a little busy lately and a little lazy that I have not got around to writing a blog post in a really long time.
But I am back and I hope to post more regularly again.
So this post if you hadn't guessed from the title is about the restuarant/ pub "Limestone Steak House".
The bruschetta with gluten free pizza crust slices
This place is in Cobourg and it was amazing. They had gluten free options galore and the waiter was amazing he was willing to check everything more then once to make sure it was safe and he was willing to change some of the non gluten free menu options to make them gluten free for me. I had a very enjoyable time there. I got the bruschetta with the gluten free pizza crust as the bread and it was cut into triangles, very good. The pizza crust was one of the most amazing I have had in a really long time. The waiter was even willing to check where the restaurant got their supply so that I might go out and find it another time.

Gluten free pizza
Now the crust once it had sauce on it was not as good as the "Udi" version I get but it was still very delicious. I also saved half and it was still good cold.

Lamb Burger Special (not gluten free)
My brother got this option and he said it was alright but there was a strong spice that over powered most of the burger. However it was still good. He said though that the Caesar salad that he got was absolutely delicious. 

Limestone Yorkshire Bowl (not gluten free)
This was my mothers option and her and my brother shared it. they both said it was phenomenal, amazing and filling. I can attest that it smelt amazing  and made my mouth water.

As for the atmosphere. It was pretty great as well. even though it said it was a steakhouse/ pub it looked more like a fine dining restaurant, it had dark wood, ambient lighting and beautiful set up. Here is a picture of our booth

And finally for this post,  I have been trying fairly unsuccessfully to find an alternative to egg nog, due in most to the fact that I am also lactose intolerant and it is not worth the suffering to get regular nog. As I said I had tried very unsuccessfully for years, but this year my mother found me 2 different types, one is an almond nog called noel nog and the other is a soy nog. Both are found in "Sobey's"
As for the taste the Almond one (lactose and egg free) doesn't quite taste like egg nog but it does have all the spices and therefore still tastes festive. There is a lack of egg taste and it is also not as thick. I definitely enjoyed it. As for the Soy one (also lactose and egg free), it definitely tastes closer to what I remember egg nog tasting like, it is thicker then the Almond nog but not as thick as the regular egg nog. It also has a creamier flavour. I also enjoyed this one.
This is the almond bottle, the soy bottle
is red with yellow.

I hope you found my review helpful and I will continue to update you and good gluten free products and places to eat.
-Photo Alley


No comments:

Post a Comment