Sunday, August 8, 2010

Safety Cone and Ninja Dude

So last night was a very sleepless night. I usually try to get to bed around 10pm just to keep my schedule some what normal. But last night I think I was up till 2 or 3 in the morning because my brain would not shut off. have you ever had these days where you decide it is time you get some sleep and all you can do when you go to lye down is think of the things you have to do tomorrow, the things you need to do before the end of 3 weeks, what about what pictures you want to post on the web, new ideas for pictures that you want to take, ideas for your portfolio. Well this was my mind last night I think I got about 5 new pictures I want to take and about 8 new themes that I want to do eventually, actually hopefully this year but depending on the work I get it might not happen as soon as that. So instead of sleeping I went through my pictures and decided which would ones I like enough to add to the net, there is exactly 4 post it notes full of about 4 columns each of the picture numbers and location. It's going to be fun converting them to web size.
But that isn't the point I also downloaded Safety Cone and Ninja, as well as made a very pint sized version of safety cone for you all to witness.

This is of course dude, ninja dude and safety cone.And this is the smaller version of safety cone. I put my finger there so you could get an idea of his size. He definitely was not as frustrating as I thought he would be but still annoying. As well if I ever do it again I either need slightly bigger thread or a smaller crochet hook. This small guy was made with a 2mm hook and the thread you use to make those cool bracelets. If you ever want to try I suggest something like him or something similar that isn't too much work because the more difficult it gets the more frustrated you'll be. I've only ever done one other in this small style and he didn't turn out the way I planned as well I ran out of the colour I was using and had to switch part way to another colour. Let's just say I don't like him right now and will probably make the larger version of him. (He is a spider, the large version will be fuzzy).

As well last night I wanted to make my dad something as well. Like I said I had made my mom a safety cone but I didn't want to make my dad a safety cone cause undoubtedly they would get them mixed up so I thought to myself what out of the patterns that I have accumulated over the past year or so would he like. And I came across a snake pattern. Perfect, that is till I started to make him. The head went fine but the body is around 65 rounds in total. Therefore I shortened him and he looks all cute now maybe only 5 or 6 inches. I'll post a picture of him later when I download my camera again.

And on another note one of the many things going through my head was portfolio themes. If I remember correctly we need to have a theme for our portfolio this year and of course me being me I can't decide on one idea. I have come up with tons upon tons but my problem is I want to do them all. As well I believe our portfolio this year is suppose to represent what kind of work we would like to do in our professional field, well this poses another problem. I am almost positive the portfolios must require people in them and yes I do enjoy some people photography and would love to do it but my main joy is nature photography and flowers. So if anyone has suggestions I'm open to ideas. Of course maybe I'll just pick out of my thousands of themes I've come up with and do one of them instead.

I'll leave you with another image of summer because it looks like it's going to rain today.

-Photo Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment