Friday, August 5, 2011

WEST COAST......Let Me Hear Ya Say Heyyyy

As you all may know I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks and I went out to the beautiful West Coast.
I went to Abbotsford, Gastown, Grenville Island, Naniamo, Tofino, Port Alberni, and Ucluelet. It was amazing. In Port Alberni we went to the great place called "Little Bavaria" and I must say it was amazing, both from a food stand point and from an allergy stand point. I went in there thinking great a bunch of schnitzel (pork) and alot of breaded items. But once I informed my waiter that I had Celiac's she was completely accommodating letting me know a wide variety on their menu that happened to be gluten free and when I mentioned I had other allergies she told me that whatever meal I wanted they were sure to be able to prepare it without those ingredients. I ended up getting the 1/2 dozen sauteed prawns and hot vegetarian platter. Boy was I surprised it was 2 giant platters that came out and the Shrimp was perfect, they weren't to chewy but rather cooked perfectly in a butter and lemon and wine sauce which again was perfect, the lemon wasn't too over powering but you could still taste it. As well the vegetables were all fresh vegetables not frozen and in large portions. My mom as well had a cucumber salad with dill dressing and I quote she said "It was the best dill dressing I've had in a long time". So if you ever get out to Port Alberni You should go try "Little Bavaria".

Of course while on the island I had tons of seafood, which was great. I also saw tons of wildlife, there were a few bears in my grandparent's backyard and along the highway, there were also deer (bucks, doe, and fawn) that wandered the streets around the house and the neighbours yard. Then of course there were the many bald eagles and a few Great Blue Herons that perched in the trees for the night. I also went kayaking for the first time and saw a seal while out there. When in Abbotsford I saw tons of rabbits and of course slugs. But I also saw some Stellar Jays which were cool and a couple Ravens.
We did get pictures of all the animals, whether they are good or not are still to be determined but the close ups are all on my mother's camera and she is still there for another week. So when she gets back I will be sure to post the close ups of the animals we took pictures of.

Now here are the images from my vacation (*be warned there are tons of images*)
This here is the Heron on the tree outside the house

An eagle in the same spot

One of the many stellar jays at the rest stop back from Port Alberni

The logging competition at "Ukee Days"

A few close ups I got with my memory card

The beautiful landscape on the island

Some tasty treats at a market we went to


The Murder of crows I fed

One type of slug, I saw a total of 4 types

The cute bunny rabbits from my Aunt and Uncle's yard

Our Tourist day in Grenville Island

This is also at the rest stop, the water is a emerald shade when far away
and clear as can be, the 2 shots on the right are actually around
2 feet deep. As well the shots on the left I took from
way up on a cliff, very exhilarating.

This was another stop we took on our way back from Port
where there are tons of large black molten looking rocks where on one side
it was calm and there were people swimming and the other 
are these shots, again very exhilerating I was hanging over the rock face to get
some of the shots.

That's all I have for now I hope you enjoyed the pictures and there are sure to be more to come.
-Photo Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment