Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gluten Free and Dairy Free

Hello all,
I had told you about pancakes that were really good and I finally got a chance to check out the name of the book again seeing as it stays at my mom's house. The book is called "Cooking For Isaiah" . It is both gluten free and dairy free recipes. If you get a chance this so far has turned out to be a very good book purchase. The pancakes that we modified were the banana ones and we added an extra egg and then took out the cinnamon, I believe that was all the changes we made. And then today we tried her chocolate cake and I must say it is delicious. It rose like a real cake, it is springy like a real cake, it is moist like a real cake and lets just finish with it tastes like a normal chocolate cake. It is delicious. The only thing was the icing, now that may have been because we used semi sweet chocolate chips to make but you use chocolate chips in water and microwave them and then beat them till they are fluffy and that is the icing. It looked good but it ended up being bitter so we added lots of sugar and gluten free margarine. I think next time if we try that icing we will use a different type of chocolate chip.
As for dining out, Tomaso's has a gluten free pasta. I have had it twice now and the first time it was good and this past weekend it was bad. I'm not sure if it was a new chef or not, but as we all know gluten free is hard to make so I may try it again sometime but for now I'll stick to the pasta me and my parents buy and cook.
Later this week some of the pictures that may or may not end up in my portfolio.
-Photo Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment